Audition and Interview Requirements
Both an audition and interview are required.
Prepare two contrasting monologues - one contemporary and one classical - that total no more than 3 minutes together. The classical selection could include works from Shakespeare, Moliere, Shaw, or any of the Greek plays. All material must be memorized.
Acting requires the use of the whole body, so your video audition should include your whole body in the frame.
Portfolio Review and Interview
Prepare a portfolio of your directing work that includes:
- A statement of your directing philosophy (what does it mean to you to be a director?)
- At least one script that you have directed that includes your blocking notes, ideas, and questions to yourself and to the actors/designers
- Images, image boards, or collages that have inspired your directorial work
- Photographs of the play in performance
- Programs that include your director's notes or a statement about why you chose to direct this particular play at this time
You may also include evidence of other technical or performing roles that you have played in other productions (designing, stage managing, acting, etc.)