The following repertoire list is applicable to all music major, minor and scholarship applicants. Should you like to substitute one of the required solo works with a standard orchestral/band excerpt, please contact Dr. Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All materials must be submitted via the supplemental Fine Arts application.
Each applicant to the instrumental performance program is also required to participate in an interview with the music faculty. Participating in a live audition day, either virtually or in-person, will fulfill this requirement. If you are unable to participate in a live audition day, please reach out to the Fine Arts Recruitment Office to schedule your interview.
Audition Requirements for Harp
- An etude exemplifying the applicant's technical standard; i.e., Bochsa #1
- Orchestra excerpt: Waltz of the Flowers Cadenza- Nutcracker Suite
- Two solos works of contrasting in tempo and style
- One of the Naderman Sonatas #1-7
- Twentieth century solo work
Harps are available on campus for those traveling. Please contact Pierre Tang at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Recruitment Office at 310.506.4111, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.