The following repertoire list is applicable to all music major, minor and scholarship applicants. Should you like to substitute one of the required solo works with a standard orchestral/band excerpt, please contact Dr. Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All materials must be submitted via SlideRoom.
Each applicant to the instrumental performance program is also required to participate in an interview with the music faculty. Participating in a live audition day, either virtually or in-person, will fulfill this requirement. If you are unable to participate in a live audition day, please reach out to the Fine Arts Recruitment Office to schedule your interview.
Audition Requirements for Harp
- An etude exemplifying the applicant's technical standard; i.e., Bochsa #1
- Orchestra excerpt: Waltz of the Flowers Cadenza- Nutcracker Suite
- Two solos works of contrasting in tempo and style.
- One of the Naderman Sonatas #1-7
- Twentieth century solo work.
Harps are available on campus for those traveling. Please contact Pierre Tang at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Recruitment Office at 310.506.4111, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.