Audition Requirements for String Instruments
- Two works contrasting in style and tempo
- An outer movement of a standard concerto, and a movement from one of Bach's Sonatas or Partitas for solo violin
- All major and minor scales. ♩ = 126.
- An etude exemplifying the applicant's technical standard (i.e. Campagnoli or Kreutzer)
- Two works contrasting in style and tempo. Applicants for the applied degree should prepare a movement from one of Bach's Suites for solo cello, and a movement or piece from the standard repertoire (i.e. Bloch Suite Hebraique, Handel-Casadesus B Minor Concerto, Hummel Fantasie, Stamitz Concerto, Vaughan Williams Suite, Weber Andante and Hungarian Rondo)
- Major and melodic minor scales, 3-octaves, ♩ = 126.
- One movement of a Bach Suite
- A fast movement and slow movement from a concerto (i.e. Boccherini, Vivaldi, Haydn or 19th century work)
- All major scales: 2-octaves, ♩ = 126, two notes per bow.
- An etude exemplifying the applicant's technical standard.
- Two works contrasting in tempo and style.