Feeling unsure about what major to choose? Are you wondering where might like to work or study after you graduate? The Seaver College Career Center can help you with these challenging decisions. Your first year is the best time to begin to explore career options and academic programs that fit you best. Call us today to get started using the following services or follow the checklist down below.
We offer the following resources and services:
- Career Exploration & Planning
- Career Assessments: Myers-Briggs & Strong Interest Inventory
- Resume & Cover Letter Creation & Review Services
- CareerSpace (in Wavenet): Search for Student Employment, Internships & Jobs
- Industry Specialists to Support Internship & Job Search
- Mock Interviews
- Employer Information Sessions & On-campus Interviews
- Career Fairs & Networking Events
- Graduate & Professional School Preparation
- Career Volunteers & Informational Interviews
- Job Shadowing through Project e(x)ternship
- Mentoring through Career Coaching Program
- Alumni Career Services
Just as most students need a four-year academic plan, you also need a four-year career plan. Even if you have a focused career path, you can benefit from an appointment with a career counselor to help you plan your next steps. Don't delay—review the checklist below and make an appointment with the Career Center today!
- EXPLORE your career options: schedule an appointment at the Career Center.
- Evaluate your INTERESTS, personality, skills and values through assessments.
- Build a strong RESUME and have it reviewed at the Career Center.
- APPLY for International Programs, the Washington D.C. Internship Program and other student employment and internship opportunities.
- Participate in a JOB SHADOW during Spring Break through Project e(x)ternship
- Get a SUMMER JOB or INTERNSHIP in your field of interest.
- Participate in a VOLUNTEER activity or service learning project.
- Join at least one CLUB or ORGANIZATION related to your career interests.
- Attend Career Center EVENTS and programs to build your NETWORK.
Phone: (310) 506-4184
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Location: Tyler Campus Center (TCC), Office 210 (directly above the Waves Café)
Visit the Career Services Web site.