About New Student Orientation
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a program intentionally designed for incoming students and their family members. The program will include information on academics, student activities, student services, living on campus, international programs, and much more. University administrators, faculty, staff, and upper-division students will be available throughout the program to answer all of your questions about college life.
Who Attends New Student Orientation?
NSO is designed for new students who have enrolled at Seaver College and their parents or other family members. There are specific sessions designed for students and specific sessions for parents during NSO. The parent portion will end Friday, January 5 at 3:00 PM and students will remain on campus until school starts on Monday, January 8. A majority of the students attending In-person NSO will be accompanied by one or more parents; however, there will be several students attending without parents. In addition, there will be faculty, staff, and current student leaders present to assist with answering any questions.
When Is New Student Orientation?
In-Person Orientation (for all new students & transfers): Thursday, January 4 - Sunday, January 7, 2024
- Domestic & International Students Move-in and Check-in: Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Parents and Families: Parent portion is Thursday, January 4 - Friday, January 5; Programming ends around 3 PM on Friday for parents and families. Family members can stay in a local hotel.
In-person NSO will take place for all students on the Seaver College Malibu campus.
Check-in for domestic & international students on Thursday, January 4 will be on Upper Mullin Town Square.
See Interactive Campus Map for more information.
Once you check in, you will move into your residence hall if you are living on campus. Your Resident Advisor (RA) and Spiritual Life Advisor (SLA) will be there to meet you when you arrive at your residence hall. Also, Orientation Leaders will assist you with moving in your belongings. After moving in, you will need to relocate your car to one of the side streets or Parking Lot S (located new our Drescher campus). You will not be able to leave your car in front of the residence hall.
During NSO, student and parent schedules will overlap at times, but we also have specifically designed programming for students as well as parents.
- Spring 2024 Student Schedule coming soon
- Spring 2024 Parent Schedule coming soon
- Check-In and Move In for all students.
- Opening Brunch for parents and students
- Informational sessions for parents and students
- Dinner for parents and students
- Breakfast for parents and students
- Sessions for parents and students
- Worship gathering for parents and students
- International Programs Presentation for parents & students
- Lunch and Waves Expo
- Goodbye Blessing
- *Parent’s portion ends at 3 PM.
- Hike to the Cross
- Excursion to Olvera Street
- Target Run
- Men's Basketball game
- Worship service
There is NO registration fee for incoming Seaver students. They will start using their meal points during NSO.
The registration fee for family members is $150 per person (13 and over).
This fee covers:
- Meals and snack breaks during orientation
- Entrance to all orientation sessions and athletic events
- Orientation materials (orientation program, orientation app, Pepperdine t-shirt, and name tag).
Please note there is NO fee for family members who are only moving their student into the residence halls and not planning to stay for the entire Orientation.
Also, fees do not include transportation to and from the airport or lodging for parents.
If you need to cancel any parent or guest NSO registration, please contact Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.506.4201 to request a refund.