In its Mission Statement, Pepperdine affirms that "knowledge calls, ultimately, for a life of service." The University offers programs that encourage students to engage in meaningful service, thereby preparing them for a life of purpose, service, and leadership. Here are some of our programs.
- Jumpstart: students work with preschool children in one-to-one tutoring sessions.
- Get an early start by meeting fellow new students at one of this summer's special send-off parties.
- Leadership Opportunities: There are numerous leadership positions available through Student Affairs.
- Spiritual Life: student-led Bible studies and worship times, a Student-led Ministries Office, a Convocation/Chapel program, and campus ministry programs through area churches.
- Student Government Association (SGA): addresses campus policies and resolves student issues pertaining to these policies.
- The Pepperdine Volunteer Center (PVC): organizes ongoing and ad hoc volunteer programs and events.