For many students, mentors can bridge the gap between their various courses and their future career goals. As a result, we want to invite YOU to make a meaningful contribution to the bright and ambitious Seaver College students at Pepperdine. Through your time, expertise, and experience, you can impact the Waves legacy by becoming a Career mentor!
Thrive Mentoring Program
Do you have a passion for helping Pepperdine students succeed? Consider helping a senior as they prepare to graduate. Many students are eager for the future but are also uncertain about the job search process, life after college, personal finances, and succeeding in their first job.
What we hope current students will gain from the Thrive Mentoring program:
- Support for the job search process, graduate school prep, or other post-Pepperdine plans
- A person who will cheer them on through this transition, serving as a sounding board
- Confidence in navigating the job search or preparing to start their first job or grad school
- Practical advice about "ADULTING" - $$$, Healthcare, Living On Your Own, Student Loans, etc.
- Help to expand their network and accessing post-grad opportunities
Pepperdine will provide practical tips about the job search process and will offer free access to the "Real World Ready" online certification course for students.
What we need from you:
- Commitment to working with a senior for the next six weeks (you will set the time)
- A willingness to share your work and life experience
- Connect at least 3 times with the student via phone, video call or in person
- Share with us about your experience as a mentor so we can grow the program in the future