Career Services During COVID-19
Virtual Services Dashboard
Internships and Job Search Tools
Whether you're interested in remote-based internships or jobs, Handshake has them all. Students and alumni have access to over 10,000 active postings.
For customized support with your internship or job search, you can schedule an appointment on Handshake or call 310.506.4184.
You also have access to the University Career Action Network (UCAN), a national database of internships shared by other top tier schools. For more details for accessing this database, please find additional information on the National Student Internships.
Student and Alumni Resources
Our industry specialist team is available for virtual career coaching appointments to support you with the following:
- Career exploration and assessments
- Resume and cover letter feedback
- Internship and job search strategies
- Interview prep
- Networking and LinkedIn strategies
- Graduate and professional school advising
To schedule an appointment with an industry specialist:
Log onto Handshake, click on "Career Center" tab, select" Appointments" and "Schedule a New Appointment"
"Ask Me Anything" Open Sessions with Career Counselors via Handshake
- How Soon-to-Be College Graduates Can Job Hunt During the Coronavirus Outbreak (Forbes)
- How Will Coronavirus Affect Your Job Hunt in 2020? (Vault)
- 2020 Internship Status - COVID-19 (GitHub)
- LIVE FEED: Who's Freezing Hiring From Coronavirus (Candor)
- Make the Most of a Remote Internship (Handshake)
- Your Guide to Finding a Remote Job (FlexJobs)
- Jobs in Demand During COVID-19 (LinkedIn)
- Getting Hired Remotely (Handshake)
- Handshake Resources for Students (Handshake)
- Career Guide During COVID-19 (Indeed)
Career Everywhere 24/7
- VMock - Artificial intelligence resume review platform (available to current students only; log in using Pepperdine email)
- Roadtrip Nation - Extensive video library that helps you explore and matches your interests with possible careers (Membership code: PEPP19)
- Real World Ready - Online program that covers "real world" and adulting concepts
- LinkedIn Learning - Access to thousands of skill-building courses
- PeppConnect - Directory of alumni mentors
Employer Information and Resources
Posting a Position:
- If you are actively recruiting for any internship and/or full-time positions, we invite
you to post your position on Handshake. We can highlight your job posting in our weekly newsletter and send targeted messages
to our student population.
- When posting a job or internship that "allows remote workers," we recommend indicating this in your position description as well. Students can search for positions using a keyword search.
Hosting Virtual Events:
- Consider hosting a virtual event. Students are eager to learn more about open positions and summer internships and virtual events are a great way to connect interested students with information on your organization. Submit information for your virtual events on Handshake.
Downloading the 2020 Resume Book:
- Included in the digital resume book, you will find 125 job-seeking recent Seaver graduates ready to make a difference in the workplace. If your company or organization hires entry-level candidates and is looking for excellent candidates, download the resume book at the link provided below and reach out to the individuals directly or share the link with your HR team.
- To download your copy, visit bit.ly/PepperdineResumeBook2020.
- How to Optimize Use
- Download the resume book to activate the embedded links.
- Students are organized by their top industry/job function choices.
- Browse individual resumes OR search by industry fields.
- Please contact the Career Center with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-campus events and information sessions hosted by the Career Center will be accessible virtually for the remainder of the Spring semester.
- Virtual DC Trek Week - Live & Work in DC (Thursday, October 29, 10 am PST)
- GRE Strategy Session: The Princeton Review (Thursday, October 29, 11 am PST)
- GRE Free Practice Test: The Princeton Review (Friday, October 30, 9 am PST)
- LPL Financial - Internal Audit Summer Internships (Business & IT) (Monday, November 2, 3 pm PST)
- Career Services Webinar for Seaver 2020-2021 Seniors (Wednesday, November 4, 7 pm PST)
- Amate House Info Session - Meet the Fellows! (Thursday, November 5, 4:30 pm PST)
- Discover Financial Services Information Session (Friday, November 6, 12 pm PST)
For all upcoming events, please check Handshake.
|Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com|
|Phone: 310. 506. 4184||Phone: 310.506.4184||Phone: 310.506.4184|