Networking is a process of building relationships to expand your career knowledge
and advance your professional development and social opportunities. Networking is
not a transactional interaction. It is about discovering and utilizing connections
and tapping into your circle of friends, family, professors, previous employers, and
- 85% of jobs are obtained through networking
- 70% of jobs are never published publicly
What can you learn through networking?
- Gather information and advice about different career options.
- Explore your fit within a particular profession.
- Identify the qualities and skills of successful professionals.
- Build relationships and find professional mentors.
- Learn more about industry trends and discover internship and job opportunities.