Pepperdine Career Treks bring students into the workplaces of alumni and friends in order to expose them to potential career paths and broaden their understanding of various industries. The program leverages Pepperdine's successful alumni who are excited to share their insights and personal career stories with students. Participants engage with Pepperdine graduates through company tours, informational panels, and networking.
San Francisco Bay Area Career Trek 2023
Location: Bay Area, CA
Companies include: Handshake, HubSpot, BNP Paribas, Pinterest, & more TBA
Current undergraduate students who are interested in exploring career opportunities and have a strong desire to network with alumni are encouraged to apply on Handshake. Apply on Handshake by Monday, Feb. 6th.
- Attend the Career Trek orientation* to review the Trek itinerary, transportation, and trip guidelines. *Orientation date will be announced once the application period closes.
- Have your resume reviewed and approved by the Career Center in order to be included in the resume book distributed to all participating employers.
- Attend the entirety of the Career Trek.
- Complete an evaluation survey following the completion of the Trek.
- Upload your resume to Vmock and make suggested changes to best prepare your resume for submission.
- Prepare to connect and network with alumni by polishing your LinkedIn profile.
- Prepare to network with alumni. To review the Career Center's networking resources, click here.
9-11 am Morning Company Tour
12-1 pm Lunch
3-5 pm Handshake Company Tour
6-8 pm Evening Student-Alumni Networking Event
9-11 am HubSpot Company Tour
12-1 pm Lunch hosted by BNP Paribas
1-3 pm Pinterest Company Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Accommodations in the city will be provided by the Career Center. Students must provide their own transportation to the city where the Career Trek takes place.
Yes. Limited need-based scholarships are available, please contact the Career Center for more details.
Career Treks are open to all Seaver students. All majors and class years are encouraged to apply.
The Career Center will arrange hotel accommodations for Treks taking place outside Los Angeles. Participating students are required to stay in the hotel with the group and will be assigned a roommate.
This will vary by city. In cities outside Los Angeles, students will mainly use public transportation in addition to walking. The Career Center will provide specific instructions and guidance for each Trek.
Students should be prepared to present themselves in a professional manner at all times during the Trek. We recommend business professional attire.
The final itinerary will be shared with participants in the weeks before the Trek.
Past Career Treks