Pepperdine Career Treks bring students into the workplaces of alumni and friends in order to expose them to potential career paths and broaden their understanding of various industries. The program leverages Pepperdine successful alumni who are excited to share their insights and personal career stories with students. Participants engage with Pepperdine graduates through company tours, informational panels, and networking.
Upcoming Treks 2020-2021
|Fall 2020 - TBA||Spring 2021 - TBA|
|Companies TBA||Companies TBA|
Application and FAQs
Current undergraduate students who are interested in exploring career opportunities in the Trek cit and have a strong desire to network with alumni are encouraged to apply on Handshake.
Accommodations in the city will be provided by the Career Center. Students must provide their own transportation to NYC.
Preparing for Treks
- Upload your resume to Vmock and make suggested changes to best prepare your resume for submission.
- Prepare to connect and network with alumni by polishing your LinkedIn profile.
- Prepare to network with alumni by reviewing the Ultimate Guide to Informational Interviewing.
Are scholarships available?
- Yes. Limited need-based scholarships are available, please contact the Career Center for more details.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Career Treks that occur during the fall and spring semesters are open to all class years.
What are the requirements for Trek participants?
- Attend the Career Trek orientation to review the Trek itinerary, transportation, and trip guidelines.
- Attend the entirety of the Career Trek.
- Polish and refine your resume for inclusion in a resume book that will be distributed to all participating employers.
- Complete an evaluation survey following the completion of the Trek.
Where will I stay during the Trek?
- The Career Center will arrange hotel accommodations for Treks taking place outside Los Angeles. Participating students are required to stay in the hotel with the group and will be assigned a roommate.
How will I get around the city?
- This will vary by city. In cities outside Los Angeles, students will mainly use public transportation in addition to walking. The Career Center will provide specific instructions and guidance for each Trek.
What should I wear?
- Students should be prepared to present themselves in a professional manner at all times during the Trek. We recommend business professional attire.
What is the itinerary for the Trek?
- The final itinerary will be shared with participants in the weeks before the Trek.
Past Career Treks