Job Shadow Day: Serve as a Host
Take a Wave to work!
The Pepperdine Job Shadow Day program connects current undergraduate students with employers, alumni, parents, and community partners for a one-day or half-day job shadowing experience. Students are matched with host professionals in the Greater Los Angeles area to provide them with exposure to a wide variety of career fields and industries. Serving as a Job Shadow Day host is a great opportunity to mentor Pepperdine students and spread branding and awareness of your company/organization and available positions through direct access and hands-on learning.
Upcoming Job Shadow Days
Fall Job Shadow Day
Spring Job Shadow Day
The format and schedule will vary depending on the nature of the job and industry. Hosts can choose to integrate activities such as:
- Observation of individual employees' activities during their workday
- Meet and greets with recent hires or current interns
- Informational interviews with a variety of employees
- Attendance at team meetings and/or organizational events
- Lunch with Pepperdine alumni
- A guided tour of the company's facility
- Exposure to career/internship opportunities within the organization
If you are interested in serving as a Job Shadow Day host, please fill out the short form below. Based on your responses, we will work to match you with a student. Although a match is not guaranteed, we look forward to matching as many students with members of the Pepperdine community as possible. Volunteer today to share your professional expertise with students and become an essential part of their Pepperdine experience!