Parent and Family Leadership Council
The Parent and Family Leadership Council is a select group of parents of undergraduate students representing a diverse group both geographically and professionally. Members serve as ambassadors to the Wave parent community and provide volunteer and philanthropic support for students at Seaver College. Through meetings and activities, members explore undergraduate initiatives and share this information with the broader parent committee. To learn more please visit the Parents and Family Council page or email us.
Parent Council Meetings
Our leadership council convenes at the Malibu campus in the fall and spring. Meetings provide members with the opportunity to meet other parents from across the nation and to give their feedback on current parent issues and activities, and to learn about ongoing initiatives at Seaver College from faculty, senior administrators, and the dean.
Our next annual meeting will be held during Waves Weekend at the Malibu campus on Friday, October 11, 2019, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Lunch will be provided.
Council members contact new families in their regions to welcome them to Pepperdine and offer assistance as a resource as families orient themselves with the University.
Regional Events and Welcome Receptions
Council members may host local events and attend receptions as ambassadors for the University.
Council members support the University annually through Pepperdine Associates memberships.
Areas of Engagement
- Assist in obtaining sponsorships and auction items for the Pepperdine Wave Classic Golf Tournament
- Encourage other parents to support the Pepperdine Fund and help identify and recruit individuals, corporations, and foundations that support the University's mission.
- Support special projects identified as priorities by the Seaver College dean and the vice president for Student Affairs
- Assist in recruiting parent volunteers for regional events
- Host and greet students and families in their region through events such as send-off parties, admission receptions, and information sessions
- Participate in contacting new parents and answering questions
- Assist in the bi-annual prayer walks
- Support initiatives for the Veritas Forum and the Pepperdine Center for Faith and Learning
- Host Pepperdine Parents in Prayer gatherings
- Commit to daily prayer for the needs of the University
- Assist with career coaching programs, PeppConnect, and Handshake
- Serve on industry panels
- Provide internships