Junior Writing Portfolio | Requirements
All Seaver College undergraduate students are responsible for completing the Junior Writing Portfolio. Therefore, it is important that students store their papers so that they can access them when the time comes to complete the JWP. It is highly suggested to use an online storage system such as Google Drive: http://google.pepperdine.edu/.
- A cover letter from the student, approximately two pages, double-spaced, that explains the choice of papers included in the portfolio and describes their writing experiences during first two years at Pepperdine. See sample cover letter.
- Four papers from classes taught at Pepperdine.
- Record of Portfolio Submission form, detailing the name of the instructor and the class for which the paper was written, and the date the paper was submitted for grading. (This form is available for download by clicking here). All papers that are submitted are subject to verification for plagiarism and authorship.
- A selection of papers from at least 3 different courses
- One paper from student's major. (If no class has been taken in the student's major then submit a paper in a related discipline.)
- One paper that required research
- At least two papers written during the sophomore and/or junior years.
- One paper from ENG 101 or equivalent (such as Great Books or Social Action and Justice Colloquium). If you did not take any of these courses, please submit another paper and explain your choice in your cover letter.
- The entire portfolio should include at least 20 pages of writing. (20 pages is the minimum required number of pages. It is fine to include more than 20 pages.)
Transfer students may use up to two (2) papers from other institutions. At least two (2) papers should be from Pepperdine University.