Regalia distribution will be held Thursday, May 20, 2021, from 9 AM to 7:30 PM on Pepperdine University’s Malibu campus in the Drescher Graduate Campus parking lot. This will be a drive-through event restricted to graduates, and we ask that all graduates planning to attend please sign up for an arrival time. Graduates are highly encouraged to carpool with members of the same household to minimize traffic and environmental impacts during regalia distribution.
All graduates may only access campus after completing a COVID-19 health screening. Please ensure the following statements are true for everyone in your vehicle before arriving at campus:
- You have not had close contact with anyone known to be diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, have not had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days, or have not started to quarantine or isolate in the past 10 days.
- You are not currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches not related to physical activity, or sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Your temperature is below 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
Graduates from the Class of 2021 may complete the Daily Wellness Check and present their green dot in lieu of reviewing these questions at the entry gates at either Seaver Drive or John Tyler Drive.
For the safety of all graduates and staff and to ensure a smooth pickup process, please adhere to the following guidelines during regalia distribution:
- Stay in your vehicle at all times. By county regulation, the campus remains closed to visitors and guests. Only currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff are granted access to campus buildings, including the bookstore.
- All vehicle occupants must have a face covering, and it must be worn any time the
car windows are open (e.g. check-in).
Caps, Gowns and Sashes
Herff Jones, our regalia partner, will have enough robe sizes to accommodate all graduates—no reservations are needed. The regalia will include the Pepperdine custom cap, gown, and tassel. Cap and gown rentals will be provided by the college for all students participating in commencement ceremonies. Gowns, as well as hoods for master’s students, must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremony at the designated drop-off location.
Class of 2021 stoles will be available for purchase during regalia distribution; however, we strongly encourage you to purchase your stole ahead of time at www.pepperdineshop.com. If pre-purchased, you may pick up the stole at regalia distribution.
If you are unable to pick up your regalia on May 20, there will be a limited opportunity to obtain your regalia immediately preceding the ceremony. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and possible delays, we strongly encourage all students to pick up their regalia on May 20.
Graduates who do not participate in commencement ceremonies may rent a cap and gown
directly from Herff Jones and have them shipped to their home. Due to a limited supply of gowns, delayed shipping,
and COVID-19 cleaning protocols, regalia rentals may take several weeks to arrive.
Honor Cords (Undergraduates Only)
If you graduate with honors, you will receive your honor cords when you check in at 2 PM on commencement day. These honor cords are the only items that may be worn on your regalia. Cum laude honors recognize those who achieve a 3.500 grade point average in their entire undergraduate career. Magna cum laude honors recognize those who achieve a 3.700 grade point average. Summa cum laude honors recognize those who achieve a 3.900 grade point average. GPAs will not be rounded.
It is in the tradition of Seaver College that because master's graduates wear hoods, they do not receive honor cords.
Please review additional instructions listed on the May 2021 Commencement FAQs page.