Apply to Speak at Graduation Events
You may apply to speak at one of two events: Commencement and Senior Chapel.
To audition to speak at these special events, please complete the following by 5 PM on Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Fill out and return audition form to Student Activities.
- Sign up for an audition time at Student Activities: HAWC first floor front desk.
Please note: if selected to speak, you will be expected to work with an English or Speech professor to finalize the text of your speech.
- You must be a graduating senior to audition.
- Limit your speech to 3-5 minutes.
- Bring four typed copies of your speech to the audition.
Time, date and location for auditions have not been scheduled as yet.
A panel of judges will select two speakers, one for each event. The deadline to sign up for an audition is 5 PM on Friday, April 6.
How to apply
Apply online or print and fill out the application form. After you have filled out your online application or returned your printed application form to Student Activities, sign up for an audition time at the front desk on the first floor of the HAWC.
Please call Student Activities at 310-506-4304 if you have any questions.