Apply to Speak at Graduation
The commencement date for the Class of 2023 is Saturday, April 29. There are two opportunities to participate in the graduation program: 1) Graduation Speaker; 2) Graduate to lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
If you are interested in speaking at commencement, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a 2-3 minute speech.
- Fill out the form below.
- Upload a copy of your speech.
- Select an audition time on the form.
Please note: if selected to speak, you will be expected to work with an English or Speech professor to finalize the text of your speech. If you are only interested in leading the Pledge of Allegiance, prepare a video of yourself reciting it.
- You must be a class of 2023 graduating senior to audition.
- Submit a 2-3 minute speech.
- You must be in good standing with the university (not on disciplinary or academic probation). Please Note: For all applicants, a disciplinary check will be conducted and students' disciplinary history will be a factor in the decision-making process.
How to apply
The application to speak at Graduation will open Monday, March 20, 2023.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
For questions regarding auditions, please call Student Activities at 310.506.4304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.