Teacher Education: Admission Requirements
All applicants to the Seaver Teacher Education program are admitted conditionally pending evaluation and clearance on University and State of California credential requirements. Admission to Seaver College does not guarantee admission to the teaching credential program.
Minimum teacher education admission requirements include:
- Submission of an application, a one page writing sample, and two letters of reference
- An overall GPA of 2.50 or better. This must be maintained if the student is to remain in the program
- Completion of a minimum of 45 semester units of undergraduate study at a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning
- A Certificate of Clearance conforming with state of California requirements
- A tuberculosis clearance
- Successful completion of EDUC 461 and EDUC 462
Those interested in making application for the Teacher Education Program ought to contact Dr. Carrie Wall, Program Director, at (310) 506-4438 or email@example.com.