Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Teacher Education
Teacher Preparation Program Undergraduate Coordinator
- Ph.D., Education, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2010
- M.A., Education, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2007
- M.S., Counseling, California State University, Long Beach, 1993
- B.A., Sociology, Pepperdine University, Malibu, 1987
- Human Development
- Literacy Theory and Methods for Single Subject Candidates
- Educational Foundations
- Single Subject Teaching and Content Area Methods
- Clinical Experience 2
- First Year Seminar
- Member of the Independent California College and University Council on the Education of Teachers (ICCUCET)
- Member of the California Council on Teacher Education (CCTE)
- Member of the American Education Research Association (AERA)
- Member of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
- Preservice Teacher Education and Teacher Development
- Service Learning
- Teachers' Educational Beliefs
- Wall, C. (2018). Development through dissonance: A longitudinal investigation of changes in teachers' educational beliefs. Teacher Education Quarterly, 45(3), 29-51.
- Wall, C. (2017). The fifteen-week interview: Student teaching as an opportunity to job search. The New Teacher Advocate, 25(2), 4-5.
- Wall, C. (2017). Bridging understanding between preservice teachers and diverse students through service-learning. Teaching Education, 28(2), 178-193. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10476210.2016.1236784
- Musetti, B. & Wall, C. (2016). Responsivity through multi-tiered systems of support in a linguistically and culturally diverse school: A trauma-informed approach. Proceedings of the International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, (pp. 1202-1207). Seville, Spain: IATED
- Wall, C. (2016). From student to teacher: Changes in preservice teacher educational beliefs throughout the learning-to-teach journey. Teacher Development, 20(3), 364-379.
- Wall, C. & Musetti, B. (2016). Bridging English learners with community partners: The connecting power of the community liaison. Southern California Professional Development Schools (SCPDS) Network News, 5(2), 3.
- Wall, C. (2016) Mind your Ps (and Qs): A preservice teacher's primer for job searching during your program. In D. Sanchez, D. Jones, & R. Fauber (Eds.), 2016 Job Search Handbook for Educators (p. 18). Slippery Rock, PA: American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE). [AAEE reprinted this 2016 article in their AAEE 2017, 2018, and 2019 Job Search Handbook.]
- Wall, C. (2013). The power of story: Using autobiography as a springboard for preservice teacher learning. CCNews, 24(2), 22-24.