- Each applicant must be currently enrolled in the Spring semester, be returning as a full-time undergraduate student in the Fall, have completed at least 12 units at Pepperdine University, and have a 3.50 GPA or higher.
- The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will select Faculty-Staff Scholars based on merit, including academic performance and recommendations. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
- Scholarship awards are made only for the 2017-2018 academic year. Previous awardees may reapply. The monetary award from the scholarship is applied to the applicant's tuition and the total aid may not exceed the cost of tuition.
- Completed applications must be submitted before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017.
Instructions for Student
- Collect your current academic information (e.g. GPA, units completed at Pepperdine).
- Arrange for two (2) faculty or staff recommendations. One recommender must be a professor whose class you attended during the current 2016-2017 academic year, preferably from within your major. Recommenders should be able to comment on your intellectual ability, integrity, ability to work with others, preparedness and reliability, and motivation to learn. Note that your recommenders will receive an electronic recommendation request only after you successfully submit your application.
- Compose an essay using 1500 characters or fewer describing your growth within the past year in one of the areas of purpose, service, or leadership as described by the mission of Pepperdine. Be specific in how your growth makes you an ideal candidate for this scholarship. Your essay will be scored based upon the quality of your response and the accuracy of your grammar and mechanics.
- Complete and submit your Faculty-Staff Scholarship application electronically. Click here to apply now.
If you have any questions, contact the Faculty-Staff Scholarship representative for your division:
|Business Administration||Connie James|
|Fine Arts||Tony Cason|
|Humanities/Teacher Education||Tanya Hart|
|International Studies and Languages||David Simonowitz|
|Natural Science||Courtney Davis|
|Religion and Philosophy||Tomas Bogardus|
|Social Science||Nataria Joseph|