Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
Status: First Year
Major: English and Philosophy
- Balanced Man Scholarship Recipient
- Social Action and Justice Colloquium
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
- Black Student Association
- Mock Trial
- Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Student Government Association, Freshman Class President
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Service Project
- Step Forward Day
"During just my first year at Pepperdine, I have been able to use many of the various opportunities the students have. Primarily, I had the pleasure of being the First-Year Class President, serving my fellow students and addressing their needs and concerns. I participated in the Social Action and Justice Colloquium (SAAJ) as my First-Year Seminar where I learned about many divisive topics in our society and engaged in great conversation with my peers. Most importantly, I have had great experiences and opportunities with the people that make up Pepperdine. I have an alumnus as my mentor who has helped me adapt to the changes that college brings and my professors are always available to assist me in my endeavors, whether they be social or academic."
Justus has found validation and support in his academic and social endeavors through meaningful relationships with his professors and alumni mentors.