Daniel Iturri Calvo
Hometown: Sevilla, Spain
Major: International Studies
- Lausanne, Switzerland
- Washington, DC
- Article Published in Global Tides
- Launched Global Tides podcast
- Internship with Meridian International Center
- Internship with Collective Foundation
- Research Internship with the Institute of Economic Affairs in London
- Crossroads Gender and Sexuality Alliance
- International Student Ambassador Program
- Model United Nations
- Student Government Association
"As an international student, I already considered myself a global citizen, but my experiences at Pepperdine have further pushed my intellectual boundaries to include much more than before. Living in Switzerland opened my eyes to new forms of civic engagement, international relations, and overall social structures that challenged my preconceived notions of the concepts we learned in class. Back in Malibu, I have loved being a member of Model United Nations. Not only is it a great way to put into practice a lot of the diplomatic knowledge we learn in class, but we also get to know inspiring young people from all over the world who have aspirations and interests similar to us. The Pepperdine students I have met by being a part of MUN have changed my life. They have challenged me intellectually and have ultimately become the best friends I've made during my time at Pepperdine."
Even as an international student, Daniel's global lens grew during his time at Pepperdine.