Pepperdine Legacy Partners (PLP) Helen Young Scholarship ($5,000)
Pepperdine Legacy Partners (PLP) was established in 1958 and is the largest, most active women's group supporting colleges and universities in Southern California. For over 50 years members have been primary contributors to scholarships for Christian students and have forged a strong link between the University and the Churches of Christ across the country. PLP desires to strengthen churches by financially supporting Christian students at Pepperdine University in their education and spiritual walk. Pepperdine Legacy Partners (PLP) awards a number of $5,000 Helen Young Scholarships annually on a renewable basis to active members from the Churches of Christ. Recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, help with PLP events during the year, maintain an active presence in a local Church of Christ, and be involved with campus ministry while attending Pepperdine University. Male and female students are both eligible.
To be considered for the Helen Young Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Submit the general Pepperdine admission application by the November 1 deadline for Early Action or January 15 deadline for Regular Decision admission.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by November 1 for Early Action or February 15 for Regular Decision admission.
- Submit a recommendation from a Church of Christ leader (minister, youth minister, elder, or deacon) by February 15. Be sure to select "Church of Christ" as the recommendation type on the next page. If you already submitted a Church of Christ recommendation for the Christian Leadership Award, then you do not need to submit an additional recommendation.
- Complete this form by the February 15 deadline.
The Helen Young Scholarship application deadline is February 15.
The PLP Scholarship Committee will select all Helen Young Scholarship recipients at the same time. Both Early Action and Regular Decision applicants will be notified if they have received the scholarship by April 1.