Instructions to Accept/Decline/Reduce Awards
- To Accept/Decline your award log into Wavenet: https://wavenet.pepperdine.edu.
- For newly admitted students: Click on the "Applicant Center" link under the Applicant Services heading, located near the top-left of the page. For returning students: Click on the "Student Center" link under the Student Services heading, located near the top-left of the page.
- Scroll down to the Finances section at the bottom of the page. Click on the "Accept/DeclineAwards" link under the Financial Aid sub-heading.
- At the Financial Aid page, click on the link for the correct award year
- The Award Summary page allows you to view your financial aid award.
- Click on either Accept or Decline for each item. If you want to reduce the amount of an item, you will need to first accept the item and then input the reduced amount.
- If you accept the Federal Direct Stafford Loan, you will need to complete a Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note online at https://studentloans.gov. The student will need to sign into the website with their FSA ID.
- First time Stafford loan borrowers will need to complete Entrance Counseling which will be listed in the To Do List.
- If you accept the Federal Direct PLUS Loan, scroll down to the Award Code Explanations on the Award Summary page and input the parent's email address. The Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form will then be emailed to the address provided. This form can also be downloaded from the student's To Do List 24 to 48 hours after you accept the loan. The parent borrower will need to complete and submit the form to the Office of Financial Assistance. The parent borrower will also need to sign into the https://studentloans.gov website (using their FSA ID) to request a PLUS Loan and also complete a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note.
- Click on the green "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Read the Financial Assistance Terms and Conditions and then click "Yes."
- Click OK. Your award status should now say "Successful." If your awards cannot be successfully accepted after clicking on "Submit", try another browser or clear your browser cache before trying again. You can now exit the accept/decline page.
- Make sure that you review your Pepperdine e-mail account AND your To Do List in your Applicant/Student Center on a regular basis for updates on the status of your Financial Aid.
- I understand I am required to Accept/Decline each of my financial assistance awards in WaveNet. Failure to accept institutional grants, scholarships, and/or loans within 30 days of enrollment may risk cancellation of these funds.