English proficiency may be demonstrated by one of the following:
- SAT I Evidence-Based Reading and Writing of 600
- ACT Reading score of 24
- Internet-Based TOEFL score of 85 - *Please note that Pepperdine does not accept TOEFL "MyBest Scores"
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (Cambridge English: Advanced or Proficiency) of 186 and above
- Duolingo English Test score of 110 and above
- IELTS Academic score of 6.5 and above
- A "C" or better in a transferable English Composition course (not ESL) at an accredited US college or university
- A "C" or better on the UK system AS or A-Level English Exams (not ESL), or Hong Kong system HKALE English Exam
- The ELS Language Centers' Master level 112 class with a grade of B or higher
- IB 1 English grade result of 5 or better (not ESL)
- 4 years of study at a high school in which English is the medium of instruction - subject to verification by an Admission Counselor
NOTE: All test scores must be taken within 2 years of time of application.
If you have used a different name (e.g. nickname, middle name, etc.) when taking any tests, you will need to notify our office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required materials for the admission application file are received by the Office of Admission by the applicable deadline in order to be considered by the Admission Committee.