English proficiency may be demonstrated by one of the following:
- Old SAT I Critical Reading of 450
- New SAT I Evidence-Based Reading and Writing of 500
- ACT Reading score of 24
- Internet Based TOEFL score of 80
- Paper Based TOEFL score of 550
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System) sponsored by Cambridge Examinations.
- A "C" or better in a regular (not ESL) college level English composition course at an accredited U.S. college or university
- A score of "C" or better on the UK system A-Levels English Exam, or Hong Kong system HKALE English Exam.
- The ELS Language Centers' Master level 112 class with a grade of at least "B".
All test scores must be sent to us directly from the testing agencies. When a student takes the SAT I, ACT, or TOEFL, the testing center will ask you where you would like your scores sent. You must have the University's school code to do this. The Seaver College SAT I and TOEFL code number is 4630. The ACT code number is 0373.
If you have used a different name (e.g. nickname, middle name, etc.) when taking the SAT/ACT/TOEFL, you will need to notify our office by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have your scores sent to Pepperdine, you may also contact the centers below:
Please Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required materials for the admission application file are received by the Office of Admission by the applicable deadline in order to be considered by the Admission Committee.