Blanche E. Seaver Professor of Humanities and Teacher Education
Associate Professor of Great Books
Humanities/Teacher Education Division, Seaver College
- PhD, History, University of Notre Dame, 2013
- MA, History, University of Notre Dame, 2006
- BA, Philosophy, summa cum laude, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, 1991
In the Media
- “Giới thiệu bộ sách của tác giả Nguyễn Mạnh Hùng và nhóm tác giả Vũ Tường & Sean Fear” [Introducing new collections edited by Nguyen Manh Hung and Tuong Vu & Sean Fear], Little Saigon TV (LSTV), May 14, 2022.
- “Why Vietnamese Love to Put Baby Jesus in a Cave at Christmas,” Vietcetera (international edition), December 22, 2021.
- “Changing Stripes,” (podcast), 99% Invisible, October 12, 2021.
- “Looking to Past Military Withdrawal on the Future of Afghanistan,” KQED (NPR), August 31, 2021.
- “U.S. Evacuation in Afghanistan Evoke Memories of Saigon’s Fall,” National Public Radio, August 20, 2021.
- “The Latest TikTok Trend Is… Vietnamese Music about the Countryside?”, Pitchfork, August 5, 2021.
- “Lá cờ VNCH & Cuộc bạo động tại tòa nhà quốc hội Hoa Kỳ” [The flag of the Republic of Vietnam and the riot at the United States Capitol], roundtable, SBTN-TV, January 31, 2021.
- “Về chuyện cờ VNCH ở biểu tình tràn vào Điện Capitol” [On the flag of the Republic of Vietnam at the demonstration spilled into the US Capitol], BBC Vietnamese, January 13, 2021.
- “Annual Vietnamese Tet Festival Features New Fashion Show,” WGBH Boston Public Radio, January 24, 2019.
Seaver / Pepperdine Newsroom
- Tuan Hoang speaks at the Library of Congress (2023)
- Pepperdine Libraries to host panel discussion with artist Phung Huynh (2023)
- Seaver College celebrates seven new endowed appointments (2022)
- Tuan Hoang analyzes Marianism and Anticommunism in Recent Publication (2022)
- Seaver College announces 2022 recipient of fellowship for equity and social justice (2022)
- Tuan Hoang receives new scholar essay prize for Catholic Studies (2020)
- Core Texts & Great Books
- Vietnamese Religious History
- Vietnamese American History
- Asian American History
- Asian Immigrants in America (FYS)
- Great Books I, II, III, IV and V Special Topics
- History of the American Peoples
- Western Culture I