Michael M. Folkerts
Associate Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, U.C. Davis
- M.A., Biological Psychology, Wayne State University
- B.A., Psychology, Hope College
- B.S., Biology, Hope College
- Physiological Psychology
- Comparative Animal Behavior
- Behavioral Genetics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Biochemistry (Calcium mediated proteins: CaMKII)
- Learning and Memory
- Neuroanatomy (Cortex and Hippocampus)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Gurkoff G, Gahan J*, Rahil B*, Ghiasvand T*, Hunsaker R*, Van K, Feng J, Berman R, Lyeth B, Folkerts M (2013). Evaluation of metric, topological and temporal ordering memory tasks after lateral fluid percussion injury. J Neurotrauma. 30:292-300.
- Erbes S, Folkerts M, Gergis C*, Pederson S*, and Stivers H*(2010). Understanding How Cognitive Psychology Can Inform and Improve Spanish Vocabulary Acquisition in High School Classrooms. Journal of Instructional Psychology, June 2010, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p120-132.
- Folkerts M.M., Parks E.A.*, Dedman J.R., Kaetzel M.A., Lyeth B. G., and Berman R.F (2007). Phosphorylation of Calcium Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase II following Lateral Fluid Percussion Brain Injury in Rats. J Neurotrauma. 24(4): 638-650.
- Hallam T.M., Floyd C.L., Folkerts M.M., Lee L.L.*, Gong Q.Z., Lyeth B.G., Muizelaar J.P., and Berman R.F. (2004). Comparison of behavioral deficits and acute neuronal degeneration in rat lateral fluid percussion and weight-drop brain injury models. J Neurotrauma. 21(5):521-539.