Dan E. Caldwell
Distinguished Professor of Political Science
- Ph.D., and M.A, Political Science, Stanford University, 1978
- M.A., Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, International Relations, 1971
- A.B., History, Stanford University, 1970
- American Foreign Policy
- International Relations
- International Security and Arms Control
- Senior Seminar in International Studies
- Political Science Honors Seminar
- Elected Lifetime Member, Council on Foreign Relations; Chair of the Academic Outreach Initiative
- Listed in Contemporary Authors, Who's Who in American Education and Who's Who in the West.
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, Pepperdine University, 2007
- Invited to present a paper at the Conference on the U.S.-Soviet Relations in the Era of Detente, 1969-1976 by the U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 2007
- NATO Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council Fellowship, 2001-2002.
- Invited to present a paper at the 1995 Nobel Symposium, Norwegian Nobel Institute, Oslo, Norway, 1995
- Member of the Clinton-Gore Transition Team for the U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, Washington, D.C., December 1992; Gore-Lieberman Arms Control Task Force, 2000; Kerry-Edwards Working Group on Weapons of Mass Destruction, 2004.
- Center for Teaching Excellence Award for Teaching, 2003.
- Professor of the Year, Student Alumni Association, Seaver College, Pepperdine University, 1992
- Charles and Harriet Luckman Distinguished Teaching Award, 1991, 1997.
- Pew Faculty Fellowship in International Affairs, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1990-91.
- Malone Fellow, National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations, 1990.
- President and chairman of the Board of Directors, Forum for U.S.-Russian Dialogue, 1989-1991
- United States Institute of Peace Fellowship, 1987-88.
- Atlantic Council, NATO Fellow,, 1986
- Russian-American Relations
- U.S. Foreign Policy, International Relations, International Security and Arms Control
- U.S. Military Student Veterans
- Editor. Alexander L. George: A Pioneer in Political and Social Sciences. Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag, 2018.
- Vortex of Conflict: U.S. Policy Toward Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press, 2011.
- Co-authored with Robert E. Williams, Jr. Seeking Security in an Insecure World. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield, 2006, 2nd ed., 2012, 3rd ed., 2016.
- World Politics and You, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Publishers, Inc., 2000.
- Co-editor with Timothy J. McKeown. Diplomacy, Force and Leadership: Essays in Honor of Alexander L. George. Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press, 1993.
- The Dynamics of Domestic Politics and Arms Control: The SALT II Treaty Ratification Debate. Columbia, South Carolina: The University of South Carolina Press, 1991.
- Co-editor with Michael Krepon. The Politics of Arms Control Treaty Ratification. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1991.
- Editor. Soviet International Behavior and U.S. Policy Options. Lexington, Massachusetts: Lexington Books, 1985.
- Editor. Henry Kissinger: His Personality and Policies. Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press, 1983.
- American-Soviet Relations: From 1947 to the Nixon-Kissinger Grand Design. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1981.