Program Learning Outcomes
A student who graduates with a major in French should be able to:
- Acquire fluency in French in understanding, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Know the Francophone culture of French speaking countries including France and their
cultural expressions in literature, art, cinema, theater, and music.
- Analyze and evaluate primary sources, discuss articles from professional journals
and other secondary sources.
- Prepare students for a life of service in the Francophone world, with ethical and
moral principles according to the Christian mission of Pepperdine.
- Prepare students for advanced French and Francophone studies or careers utilizing
their knowledge of French.