French Program Learning Outcomes
A student who graduates with a major in French should be able to:
- Read, comprehend and evaluate content with a difficulty level from simple conversational
text to technical, theoretical and literary passages.
- Compose written documents that express, explain and analyze Francophone culture, linguistics,
- Understand aurally and respond orally to basic conversation, as well as more complex
- Describe and critique in written and oral form Francophone cultural manifestations
- historical and current - related to belief systems, politics, linguistic systems,
sociolinguistic diversity, and social justice issues.