Meet the Faculty
Kevin M. Iga
Professor of Mathematics
- Ph.D. Mathematics, Stanford University, 1998
- B.S. Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1992
- B.S. Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1992
Kevin Iga is an associate professor in mathematics at Pepperdine University, a four-year liberal arts college in Malibu, California, dedicated to educating our youth and preparing them for life by giving them a firm foundation in the Christian faith.
I was born on October 19, 1970, in Honolulu, Hawaii , went to high school at Moanalua High School from 1984-1988, got my bachelor's degree in Mathematics and Physics at MIT in 1992 and received my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Stanford University in 1998.
My job involves teaching roughly 12 hours per week, which involves three courses each semester, and research. The courses I am currently teaching are listed in my home page. My research is an area of topology which investigates four-dimensional manifolds using Seiberg-Witten equations and other related methods.
Other research interests include differential geometry, Morse theory, Supersymmetry, and (on an unrelated note) Biblical textual criticism. But generally I work on any math problem that sounds fun that comes my way.
I am involved in Malibu Presbyterian Church , and as an alumnus, Alpha Phi Omega, a national service fraternity.
For more information, see my Curriculum Vitae (resume) here.
- Probability and Linear Algebra
- Math Freshman seminar
- Projective Geometry
- American Mathematics Society
- Mathematics Association of America
- Applications of Microbiology techniques to New Testament Textual Criticism
- Differential geometry approaches to General Relativity Change
- Furuta-like estimates for open four-manifolds with cylindrical end
- Morse Theory
- Structural Theory and Classification of 2D Adinkras, (with Y. X. Zhang), Advances in High Energy Physics, vol. 2016, Article ID 3980613, 12 pages, 2016. doi:10.1155/2016/3980613. arxiv
- Geometrization of N-Extended 1-Dimensional Supersymmetry Algebras, (with C.F. Doran, G. Landweber, S. Mendez--Diez) Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 19, No. 5 (2015), pp. 1043-1113.arxiv
- Hardness of Learning Problems over Burnside Groups of Exponent 3 (with N. Fazio, A. Nicolosi, L. Perret, W. Skeith),, Designs, Codes and Cryptography: Volume 75, Issue 1 (2015), Page 59-70, DOI 10.1007/s10623-013-9892-6. Cryptology-ePrint>
- On General Off-Shell Representations of World Line (1D) Supersymmetry, (with C. Doran, T. Hubsch, G. Landweber), Symmetry 2014, 6(1), 67-88 (2014) arxiv.
- Hardness of Learning Problems over Burnside Groups of Exponent 3, (with N. Fazio, A. Nicolosi, L. Perret, W. Skeith), Designs, Codes, and Cryptography, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s10623-013-9892-6, (2013) eprint.
- Pure and entangled N=4 linear supermultiples and their one dimensional sigma models, (with M. Gonzalez, S. Khodaee, and F. Toppan), J. Math. Phys. 53, 103513 (2012) arxiv.
- Codes and Supersymmetry in One Dimension, (with DFGHILM), Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 15 (2011), 1909-1970. arxiv
- Dimensional Enhancement via Supersymmetry (with M. Faux and G. Landweber), Advances in Mathematical Physics (2011), Article ID 259089, 45 pages, doi:10.1155/2011/259089. arxiv
- A Superfield for Every Dash-Chromotopology (with DFGHIL), Int. J. Mod. Phys., A24 (2009), 5681--5695. arxiv
- Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes, Graphs, and Irreducible Representations of N-Extended Supersymmetry (with DFGHIL), Discrete and Computational Mathematics, eds. F. Liu et al. (Nova Science Pub., Inc. Hauppage, 2008): arxiv
- Adinkras and the Dynamics of Superspace Prepotentials (with DFGHIL), Adv. S. Th. Phys. 2 (3) (2008) 113-164. arxiv
- On the matter of N=2 Matter (with DFGHIL), Phys. Lett. B659 (2008) 441-446.arxiv
- Pebble sets in Polygons (with R. Maddox), J. Discrete Comput. Geom. (2007) 38: 680-700 pdf
- A Counter-Example to a Putative Classification of 1-Dimensional, N-extended Supermultiplets (with DFGHIL), Adv. S. Th. Phys. 2 (3) (2008) 99-111.arxiv
- On Graph-theoretic Identifications of Adinkras, Supersymmetry Representations and Superfields (with C. Doran, M. Faux, S. Gates, T. Hubsch, G. Landweber), Int. J. Mod. Phys. A22 (2007) 869-930. arxiv
- Truckdrivers, A Straw, and Sharing a Glass of Water (with K. Killpatrick) tex pdf
- What do Topologists want from Seiberg--Witten theory?, International Journal of Modern Physics A, Vol. 17, No. 30 (2002), 4463-4514.
- Dynamical systems proof of Fermat's little theorem, Math Magazine
- Superharmonic Functions and the Penrose Inequality (with H. Bray), Comm. Anal. Geom. (10) (2002) 5: 999-1016
- Generalized Fibonacci Sequences modulo n
- Moduli Spaces of Seiberg-Witten Flows, Doctoral Dissertation, Stanford University, 1998.
- A priori bounds on positive superharmonic functions (Joint work with Prof. Hubert Bray, MIT)