Instructions to AIC Chairperson
During the resulting initial conversation, the chairperson will inform the student of the following:
- The offense for which the hearing is being called.
- The sanction(s) specified in the Seaver Academic Integrity Code.
- The procedures that will be followed during the hearing (a copy of the code and procedures may be supplied to the accused at this time, if needed).
- The student's right to bring an advisor from within the Seaver College community (faculty, staff, or student) to the meeting.
- The student's right to bring witnesses to the meeting.
- The confidential nature of the hearing.
- The opportunity to appeal the decision to the Seaver Dean.