Ronald C. Highfield
Professor of Religion
Religion and Philosophy Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Rice University, 1988
- MA, Rice University, 1988
- MTh, Harding Graduate School of Religion, 1979
- BA, Harding University, 1975
- The New Adam. Cascade, Eugene, OR, 2021.
- Rethinking Church: Guide for the Perplexed and Disillusioned. Keledei: Los Angeles, 2021.
- Four Views on Women and Church Leadership. Keledei: Los Angeles, 2021.
- Christianity—Is it Really True: Responsible Faith in a Post-Christian Culture. Keledei: Los Angeles, 2017.
- The Faithful Creator: Affirming Creation and Providence in an Age of Anxiety. Downers Grove: Intervarsity Press, 2015.
- A Consuming Passion: Essays on Hell and Immortality in Honor of Edward Fudge. Eds. Christopher M. Date and Ron Highfield. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2015.
- God, Freedom and Human Dignity: Embracing a God-Centered Identity in a Me-Centered Culture. Downers Grove: Intervarsity Press, 2013.
- Four Views on Divine Providence. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011. I am coauthor of this book with three other authors: Gregory Boyd, William Lane Craig, and Paul Helseth.
- Great is the Lord: Theology for the Praise of God. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2008.
- Barth and Rahner: Toward an Ecumenical Understanding of Sin and Evil. New York: Peter Lang, 1989.
Other Published Works
- "God's Commands and Christian Ethics: A Theology of the Christian Life," in Christian Ethics: The Issues of Life and Death, eds. Larry Chouinard, David Fiensy, and George Pickens, Joplin, MO: College Press, 2004, 7-28.
- "The Problem with the "Problem of Evil" A Response to Gregory Boyd's Open Theist Solution," Restoration Quarterly (Summer, 2003).
- "Does The World Limit God? Assessing the Case for Open Theism," The Stone-Campbell Journal (Winter, 2002)
- "Divine Self-limitation in the Theology of Jurgen Moltmann: A Critical Appraisal," Christian Scholars Review (Fall 2002) 49-71.
- "The Function of Divine Self-Limitation in Open Theism: Great Wall or Picket Fence?" Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (June 2002) 279-99.
- "Man and Woman in Christ: Theological Ethics After the Egalitarian Revolution," Restoration Quarterly, (Fall 2001) 129-146.
- American Academy of Religion
- Christian Theological Research Fellowship
- Divine Self-Limitation in Contemporary Theology
- Christianity and Culture
- The Christian Faith
- Systematic Theology I: God and Providence
- Systematic Theology II: Christ, the Church, the Spirit, and Eschatology