Regan Harwell Schaffer
Divisional Dean (Business Administration Division)
Professor of Organizational Behavior and Management
Advisor of the Nonprofit Management Minor
Director of the Nonprofit Leadership Collaborative
Business Administration Division, Seaver College
- EdD, Pepperdine University, 2002
- MA, Pepperdine University, 1993
- BS, Abilene Christian University, 1990
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Schaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S, C., R, W. (2017). Aperions: Bringing Hope to People with Disabilities in Latvia. Leadership Cases in Nongovernmental Organizations (vol.1). Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C., R, W. (2014) Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations (vol. 2). Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C. (2014). The great recession and the nonprofit sector. International Leisure Review, 3 (1), 104-125.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C., R, W. (2013). Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations. Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Schaffer, R.H. (2012). A model of effective service-learning design and implementation in private higher education. Illinois: Common Ground Publishing.
- "Nonprofit and University Strategic Partnerships to Strengthen the Sector." Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 23(1), 105-117, 2012
- "Did entrepreneurship contribute to nonprofits surviving the great recession?" International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 2(6), 20-31, 2012. (co-author)
- "Unbounded Rationality: Are Diverse Boards Better Equipped to Learn?" presentation at the Association of Research in the Nonprofit and Voluntary Associations, 2011. (co-presenter)
- "Utilizing vocational discernment in a leadership development course." Christian Business Faculty Review, 1, 19-26, 2006
- "Bringing our mission to life: Service-learning as a tool for integration of faith and learning." Christian Higher Education: A Journal of Applied Research and Practice, 3(2), 127-145, 2004
- "A model for effective design and implementation of service-learning in higher education." International Journal of Learning, 10, 1771-1781, 2003
- "Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations." Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2014. (co-author)
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, 2005-2006
- Advisory Board Member, Center for Nonprofit Leadership at Ventura County Community Foundation
- Academy of Management
- Association for Research of Nonprofits and Voluntary Action
- Let's Start Talking International, Board Member
- Helen Pepperdine Award for Service
- Community Engagement
- Curriculum Design and Assessment
- Nonprofit Management
- Service Leadership Project
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Community-Based Research in the Nonprofit Sector
- First Year Seminar