Thomas H. Reilly
Professor of Chinese History
Coordinator of Chinese Language
International Studies and Languages Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Italian, University of Glasgow, 2007
- MA, (Hons.) Italian & Latin, University of Glasgow, 2000
- "Wu Yaozong and the YMCA: From Social Reform to Social Revolution, 1927-1937," in Journal of American-East Asian Relations. Volume 19, 2012, pp. 263-287.
- "Preaching the Social Gospel: Protestants and Economic Modernization in Republican China," in Ching Feng: A Journal on Christianity and Chinese Religion and Culture. Volume 8, Numbers 1-2, 2007, pp. 117-129.
- Review of Book, Christian Heretics in Late Imperial China, for Journal of Chinese Religions. Volume 35, 2007.
- The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: Rebellion and the Blasphemy of Empire. Seattle: University of Washington Press. Fall, 2004.
- Chinese Religion and Culture
- Confucianism and Modernity
- Social Reform in Republican China
- Taiping Rebellion and Chinese Sectarianism
- Survey of East Asia
- History of Traditional Chinese Civilization
- History of Modern China
- Modern Chinese Literature
- Senior Seminar in Asian Studies