Stephanie Donnelly earned her MA in English from Loyola Marymount University and her BA in English (Honors Colloquium) from Pepperdine University. She has taught lower- and upper-division courses in literature, composition, creative writing, film, and popular culture in the Departments of English and Education at Loyola Marymount University and Pepperdine University. She also served as the assistant director of the Writing Center and first-year writing coordinator at Azusa Pacific University.
She is a longtime editor for the music magazine The Big Takeover, and she has contributed to The Los Angeles Review of Books, Trouser Press, Film Threat, DC Comics, and iTunes. As a writer and editor, she has worked on Vampire Hunter D, Parasyte, Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and Wonder 3, Robot, How to Draw Manga, and many others.
- MA with Distinction, Loyola Marymount University, 2006
Editor, Start With A Happy Ending, Digital Manga Publishing, 2012.
Series Editor, Replica, Digital Manga Publishing, 2010-2012.
Series Editor, Countdown 7 Days, Digital Manga Publishing, 2010-2012.
- Editor, How to Pen & Ink: The Manga Start-Up Guide, Digital Manga Publishing, 2006.
- Series Editor, Princess Ninja Scroll, Digital Manga Publishing, 2005.
- Series Editor, Cafe Kichijoji, Digital Manga Publishing, 2004.
- Series Editor, Hellsing, Dark Horse Publishing, 2004.
- Series Editor, Trigun, Dark Horse Publishing, 2003.
- Series Editor, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyopop Publishing, 2002.
- Editor, Initial D, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Editor, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Editor, GTO, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Brett J. Love Award for Teaching Excellence, Humanities and Teacher Education Division, Pepperdine University, 2019.
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominee: Best US Edition of International Material — Japan, Antique Bakery, 2007.
- YASLA "Great Graphic Novels for Teens" Award, Antique Bakery, 2007.
- Department of English Scholarship, Loyola Marymount University, 2001-2002.
- Faculty-Staff Scholarship, Pepperdine University, 1998.
- Golden Key National Honor Society Scholarship, Pepperdine University, 1997.
- "Personal Pedagogies: Tutoring and Classroom Confidence," Freshman English Program (FEP) Training Conference, Loyola Marymount University, 25-27 Aug. 2007.
- “Caught in the Net,” San Diego Comic-Con International, San Diego, California, 15 July. 2000.
- Professional Equity Project (PEP) Grant, Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2017.
- Teaching Fellowship, Department of English, Loyola Marymount University, 2002-2004.
- Rains Research Grant, Loyola Marymount University, 2002-2003.
- Composition and Rhetoric
- British and Irish Literature
- Graphic Narrative
- Visual and Performing Arts/Dance
- Urban Studies/Los Angeles
- English Composition
- American Language and Culture
- English for English Language Learners
- Advanced Composition
- 20th Century Irish Fiction and Film
- Theory of Teaching Writing and Literature
- American Literature II
- Introduction to Poetry
- Introduction to Fiction
- Language of Drama
- Creative Writing for Non-Majors
- Writing in the Sciences