Stephanie Donnelly has taught courses in composition, literature, creative writing, film, and popular culture in the Departments of English and Education at Pepperdine University and Loyola Marymount University, where she was LMU's ACCESS (A Community Committed to Excellence in Scientific Scholarship) designated writing instructor. She also served as the Assistant Director of the Writing Center and First-Year Writing Coordinator at Azusa Pacific University.
She is a Senior Editor for the music magazine The Big Takeover, and she has contributed to The Los Angeles Review of Books, Trouser Press, Film Threat, DC Comics, and iTunes. As a writer and editor of translated works, her publications include the Vampire Hunter D novel series (Dark Horse Comics), Cowboy Bebop, Parasyte, Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and Wonder 3, the art instruction book How to Draw Manga, and many other titles.
- MA with Distinction, English, Loyola Marymount University
- BA, English (Honors Colloquium), Pepperdine University
- Series Editor, Itazura Na Kiss, Digital Manga Publishing, 2014.
Editor, Start With A Happy Ending, Digital Manga Publishing, 2012.
Series Editor, Replica, Digital Manga Publishing, 2010-2012.
Series Editor, Countdown 7 Days, Digital Manga Publishing, 2010-2012.
- Editor, How to Pen & Ink: The Manga Start-Up Guide, Digital Manga Publishing, 2006.
- Series Editor, Princess Ninja Scroll, Digital Manga Publishing, 2005.
- Series Editor, Cafe Kichijoji, Digital Manga Publishing, 2004.
- Series Editor, Hellsing, Dark Horse Publishing, 2004.
- Series Editor, Trigun, Dark Horse Publishing, 2003.
- Series Editor, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyopop Publishing, 2002.
- Editor, Initial D, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Editor, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Editor, GTO, Tokyopop Publishing, 2001.
- Brett J. Love Award for Teaching Excellence, Humanities and Teacher Education Division, Pepperdine University, 2019.
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominee: Best US Edition of International Material — Japan, Antique Bakery, 2007.
- YASLA "Great Graphic Novels for Teens" Award, Antique Bakery, 2007.
- Department of English Scholarship, Loyola Marymount University, 2001-2002.
- Faculty-Staff Scholarship, Pepperdine University, 1998.
- Golden Key National Honor Society Scholarship, Pepperdine University, 1997.
- "Personal Pedagogies: Tutoring and Classroom Confidence," Freshman English Program (FEP) Training Conference, Loyola Marymount University, 25-27 Aug. 2007.
- “Caught in the Net,” San Diego Comic-Con International, San Diego, California, 15 July. 2000.
- Professional Equity Project (PEP) Grant, Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2017.
- Teaching Fellowship, Department of English, Loyola Marymount University, 2002-2004.
- Rains Research Grant, Loyola Marymount University, 2002-2003.
- Composition and Rhetoric
- Editing and Publishing
- Graphic Narrative
- Visual and Performing Arts/Dance
- Urban Studies/Los Angeles
- English Composition
- American Language and Culture
- Composition for English Language Learners