Associate Professor of Decision Science
Business Administration Division, Seaver College
- DSc, George Washington University, 2005
- MS, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1999
- BS, United States Military Academy, 1990
- Shearer, R. and T. Clark (2016). Are We Drawing the Correct Conclusions? Regression Analysis in the Nonprofit Literature. Canadian Journal of Nonprofit and Social Economy Research. 7(1): 22-28.
- Shearer, R., Martinez, M., Deats, J., and W. Shearer (2016). The Tragedy of the Waves. Sports, Business, and Management: An International Journal. 6(1): 97-105.
- Shearer, R. and K. Carpentier (2015). Determining the Optimal Donation Acceptance Policy for Nonprofit Stores. Nonprofit Management and Leadership. 26(1): 59-71.
- Shearer, R. and L. Whitaker (2012). Theory Applied: Experience Tours at the Naval Postgraduate School. INFORMS Transactions in Education. 13(1): 28-30.
- Shearer, R. (2011). Operations Analysis in Iraq: Sifting Through the Fog of War. Military Operations Research. 16(2): 1-9.
- Shearer, R. and B. Marvin (2010). Recognizing Patterns of Nation-State Instability that Lead to Conflict. Military Operations Research. 15(3): 17-30.
- Shearer, R, and B. Marvin(2009). Anticipating Terrorist Safe Havens from Instability Induced Conflict. Computational Methods for Counterterrorism, 12: 229-248. Berlin: Springer.
- Shearer, R(2007). Forecasting Israeli-Palestinian Conflict with Hidden Markov Models. Military Operations Research. 2(4): 5-15.
- International Symposium on Military Operations Research Award for Best Paper, 2008
- Omar Bradley Fellowship for the Study of Mathematical Sciences, 2007
- Finalist, Department of the Army Dr. Wilbur B. Payne Memorial Award for Excellence in Analysis (best implemented study in the Department of the Army), 2006
- Military Operations Research Society David Rist Prize (best implemented study in the Department of Defense), 2005
- Military Operations Research Society Richard H. Barchi Prize (best paper presented at the annual symposium), 2001
- Nonprofit business analytics
- Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions
- Quantitative Analysis
- Operations Management