Professor Yoshimura specializes in the academic and professional fields of rhetoric and Christian ministry. She is a double alumna of Pepperdine University, receiving her BA in communications with an emphasis in rhetoric and leadership and her MS in ministry with an emphasis in the spiritual formation of young adults. For the last three years, she has worked in pastoral leadership at Vintage Church Malibu, her most recent position being assistant pastor. She has spoken at churches and conferences across the country and has trained young adults in leadership, communication, and preaching. She has published in the areas of church and sexual self-esteem, and her current research focuses on equipping young people for adulthood as disciples of Jesus.
- MS Ministry, Pepperdine University, 2020
- BA Communication: Rhetoric and Leadership, Pepperdine University, 2018
- Yoshimura, Rachel K. (2018) "Sexual Self-Esteem and the Church," Pepperdine Journal of Communication Research: Vol. 6, Article 7.
- Public Speaking
- Rhetorical Criticism
- Faith, Leadership, and Communication
- COM 180: Public Speaking and Rhetorical Analysis
- COM 301: Introduction to Rhetorical Research