Loan Pham Kim
Natural Science Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
- RD, Dietetic Internship, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, 1997
- MS, Nutritional Science, San Jose State University, 1996
- BS, Clinical Dietetics, University of California, Berkeley, 1994
- Kim, L.P., Koleilat, M., Whaley, S.E. A qualitative study to examine perceptions and barriers to appropriate gestational weight gain among participants in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. J Pregnancy, 2016. Article ID 4569742,DOI:10.1155/2016/4569742.
- Min, J.E., Green, D.B., Kim, L. P. Calories and sugars in boba milk tea: implications for obesity risk in Asian Pacific Islanders. Food Sci Nutr, 2016. 4(2): 1-8. DOI: 10.1002/fsn3.362.
- Kim, L.P., Whaley, S., Gradziel, P., Crocker, N., Ritchie, L., Harrison, G. Mothers prefer fresh fruits and vegetables over jarred baby fruits and vegetables in the new special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children food package. J Nutr Educ Behav, 2013. 45:723-727.
- Chaparro, M.P., Langellier, B.A., Kim, L.P., Whaley, S.E. Predictors of accurate maternal perception of their preschool child's weight status among Hispanic WIC participants. Obesity, 2011. 19(10): 2026-30. DOI:10.1038/oby.2011.105
- Kim, L.P., G.G. Harrison, and M. Kagawa-Singer. Perceptions of diet and physical activity among California Hmong adults and youths. Prev Chronic Dis, 2007. 4(4): A93.
- Harrison, G., Kagawa-Singer, M., Foerster, S., Lee, H., Kim, L.P., Nguyen, T., Fernandez-Ami, A., Quinn, V., Bal, D. Seizing the Moment: California's opportunity to prevent nutrition-related health disparities in low-income Asian-American populations. Cancer, 2005. 104(12 Suppl): 2962-8.
- Ikeda, J., Pham, L., Nguyen, K. Culturally relevant nutrition education improves dietary quality among WIC-eligible Vietnamese immigrants. J Nutr Educ Behav, 2002. 34: 151-158.
- Dean's Outstanding Student Award, UCLA, 2011
- American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship, 2009-2011
- American Public Health Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Society for Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Health disparities among low-income immigrant communities
- Influence of perception and acculturation on dietary behaviors
- Community Nutrition
- Research Methods and Statistics