Professor of Biology
Frank R. Seaver Chair of Natural Science
Natural Science Division, Seaver College
- BA, Biology, Calvin College, 1984
- PhD, Biology, University of Kentucky, 1989
- Bucciarelli, G.M., M. Lechner*, A. Fontes*, L.B. Kats and H.B. Shaffer. 2021. From poison to promise: the evolution of tetrodotoxin and its potential as a therapeutic. Toxins 13:517 https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins13080517.
- Kovalenko, K.E., F.M. Pelicice, L.B. Kats, J. Kotta and S.M. Thomaz. 2021. Aquatic invasive species: introduction to the special issue and dynamics of public interest. Hydrobiologia 848:1939-1953.
- Bucciarelli, G.M., M.A. Clark*, K.S. Delaney, S.P.D. Riley, H.B. Shaffer, R.N. Fisher, R.L. Honeycutt and L.B. Kats. 2020. Amphibian responses in the aftermath of extreme climate events. Scientific Reports 10:3409. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-60122-2.
- Bucciarelli, G.M., D Suh*, A. Davis*, D. Roberts, D. Sharpton, H.B. Shaffer, R.N. Fisher and L.B. Kats. 2019. Assessing effects of non-native crayfish on mosquito survival. Conservation Biology https://doi.org/10.1111/cobi.13198.
- D.A Miller, E.H. Campbell Grant, E. Muths, S.M. Amburgey, M.J. Adams, M.B. Joseph, J. Hardin Waddle, P.T.J. Johnson, M.E. Ryan, B.R. Schmidt, D.L. Calhoun, C.L. Davis, R.N. Fisher, D.M. Green, B.R. Hossack, T.A.G. Rittenhouse, S.C. Walls, L.L. Bailey, S.S. Cruickshank, G.M. Fellers, T.A. Gorman, C.A. Haas, W. Hughson, D.S. Pilliod, S.J. Price, A.M. Ray, W.Sadinksi, D. Saenz, W.J. Barishivich, A.Brand, C.S. Brehme, R. Dagit, K.S. Delaney, B.M. Glorioso, L.B. Kats, P.M. Kleeman, C.A. Pearl, C.J. Rochester, S.P.D. Riley, M. Roth and B.H. Sigafus. 2018. Quantifying climate sensitivity and climate-driven change in North American amphibian communities. Nature Communications https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-06157-6.
- Havel, J.E., S.M. Thomaz, L.B. Kats, K.E. Kovalenko and L.N. Santos. 2018. Invasive species II: Preface. Hydrobiologia https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10750-018-3635-7.
- Ota*, W.M., B. Olsen*, G.M. Bucciarelli, and L.B. Kats. 2018. The effect of newt toxin on an invasive snail. Hydrobiologia https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-018-3568-1.
- Velasco, M.A., I. Berkunsky, M.V. Simoy, S. Quiroga, G.M. Bucciarelli, L.B. Kats and F. P. Kacoliris. 2018. The rainbow trout is affecting the occupancy of native amphibians in Patagonia. Hydrobiologia https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-017-3450-6.
- Keck Foundation: 2011-2015. "Developing the Undergraduate Scholars"
- Frank R. Seaver Chair in Natural Science 2000-present
- National Park Service and U.S. Geological Survey: 2009. "Survey of Flora and Fauna of National Parks" (co-P.I.s-Lee Kats, Tom Vandergon, Rodney Honeycutt, Stephen Davis, Karen Martin)
- Santa Monica Bay Restoration Project: 2003-2006. "Trancas Creek Restoration" (co-P.I.s- Lee Kats and the Mountains Restoration Trust)
- National Science Foundation Grant: 2000-2002. REU: Undergraduate Research in Biology (co-P.I.s- Steven Davis, Lee Kats, Tom Vandergon and Karen Martin)
- Amphibian ecology
- Conservation biology
- Stream ecology
- Tropical forest ecology
- Tropical Forest Ecology
- BIOL 109: Introduction to Animal Behavior
- BIOL 311: Introduction to Ecology
- BIOL 340: Natural History of Vertebrates
- BIOL 360: Environmental Politics and Policy
- MATH 317: Laboratory for Statistics and Experimental Design