Khanh-Van T. Bui
Professor of Psychology
Social Science Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Social Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1997
- MA, Social Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1993
- BA, Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1990, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
The names of Pepperdine undergraduate collaborators are underlined below.
- Bui, K. T., & Rush, R. A. (2016). Parental involvement in middle school predicting college attendance for first-generation students. Education, 136(4), 473-489.
- Baumgartner, B. J., Bauer, L. M., & Bui, K. T., (2012). Reactions to homelessness: Social, cultural, and psychological sources of discrimination. Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research, 17(1), 26-34.
- Scafidi, T., & Bui, K. T. (2010). Gender similarities in math performance from middle school to high school. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 37(3), 252-255.
- Bui, K. T., Ellickson, P. L., & Bell, R. M. (2000). Cross-lagged relationships among adolescent problem drug use, deviance, and poor mental health. Journal of Drug Issues, 30(2), 283-303.
- Bui, K. T., Peplau, L. A., & Hill, C. T. (1996). Testing the Rusbult model of relationship commitment and stability in a 15-year study of heterosexual couples. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 22(12), 1244-1257.
- Bui, K. T., & Takeuchi, D. T. (1992). Ethnic minority adolescents and the use of community mental health care services. American Journal of Community Psychology, 20(4), 403-417.
- Faculty/Student Mentor Program Award
- Academic Year Undergraduate Research Initiative Award
- Western Psychological Association
- Council of Undergraduate Psychology Programs
- Associate Editor, Journal of Drug Issues
- Editorial Board, College Student Journal