Professor of English
Humanities/Teacher Education Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Texas Christian University, 1999
- MA, Abilene Christian University, 1985
- BA, Abilene Christian University, 1981
- (Forthcoming) "Framing and Staging Hands (and Feet) in Bleak House." The Embodied Hand: Nineteenth-Century Manual Culture, edited by Peter Capuano and Sue Zemka, Ohio State UP, 2019.
- (Forthcoming) "The Devil and Miss Corelli: The Sorrows of Satan." Marie Corelli: Woman, Warrior, Writer, edited by Brenda Ayres and Sarah Maier, Anthem Press, 2019.
- "Teaching the 'Forgotten' Genre: Victorian Drama." Teaching Victorian Literature in the 21st Century: A Guide to Pedagogy. Eds. Jen Cadwallader & Larry Mazzeno. Palgrave Macmillian, 2017. 167-79.
- "J.P. Burnett's Bleak House: A Drama in Three Acts." Streaky Bacon: A Guide to Victorian Adaptations. Eds. P.C. Fleming et al 4 February 2016
- "Bleak House on London's East End Stage, 1853: George Dibdin Pitt and Dickens at the Royal Pavilion Theatre." Nineteenth-Century Theatre & Film 42.1 (2014): 2-20.
- "Victorian Drama in the 1850s and the Transformation of Literary Consciousness." Victorian Transformations. Ed. Bianca Tredennick. Farnham, U.K.: Ashgate, 2011. 79-94.
- Modern Language Association
- North American Victorian Studies Association
- 19CTC (The Nineteenth-Century Theatre Caucus)
- Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of the Western United States
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Innovative Teaching Award, Center for Teaching & Learning, Pepperdine University, 2004
- Dean's Research Grant, Pepperdine University, 2014-2018
- 19th-Century Religious & Visual Rhetoric
- Gender & Religion
- Representation in Victorian Art
- Victorian Theatre
- Victorian Women Writers
- Victorian Novel
- Victorian Poetry
- Modern Drama
- Poetry & Poetics
- Arthurian Literature
- World Literature
- Survey of British Literature
- Research & Writing in the English Major