Associate Professor of Accounting
Business Administration Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Georgia State University, 1981
- MBA, Georgia State University, 1972
- BS, David Lipscomb University, 1972
- "Pygmalion Syndrome is Primary Cause of Misunderstanding the Duality Accounting Concept", Gean, G.F. (Presenter & Author), The Finance, Economics Management, IT, Marketing, MIS, Global Business, and Healthcare Management Research Conference, Miami FL, Contemporary business practice, Articles on teaching innovations. (December 15, 2017).
- "IFRS Allow Disclosure Options for the Statement of Cash Flows that are Preferable to What US GAAP Allow", Gean, G.F. (Presenter & Author), Gean, V. (Author Only), American Society of Business & Behavioral Sciences 24th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Global Business, Articles on disciplinary research or theory. (March 23, 2017).
- Gean, G.F., Gean, V. (2016). Three-Way Cost Classification Model for Understanding the Supply Side of the Firm. The Journal of Business and Educational Leadership, 6(No.1). Distribution Category: Articles on teaching innovations.
- "A Class Project that Discourages Compartmentalization Among Disciplines", Petro, F. (Presenter & Author), Gean, G.F. (Presenter & Author), Park, A. (Author Only), Miami FL, Global Business, Articles on teaching innovations. (December 17, 2016).
- " A Three Way Cost Classification Model for Understanding the Supply Side of the Firm", Gean, G.F., ASBBS Annual Conference, Las Vegas NW. (February 2016).
- "The Desirability of Proposed Reclassifications for Meaningful Presentations of Cash Flows", Gean, G.F., The Finance, Economics, MIS, and Global Business Research Conference, Miami FL. (December 18, 2015).
- "The Desirability of an Integrated Learning Model for Enriching Understanding of CVP Analysis", Gean, G.F. (Presenter & Author), ASBBS Annual Conference, Las Vegas NV, Articles on teaching innovations. (February 2015).
- "Reclassifications for More Meaningful Statement of Cash Flows", Gean, G.F., Maui International Business Conference, Maui Hawaii, Presentations at academic conferences and seminars. (January 2015).
- Gean, G.F., Gean, V. (2015). The Desirability of an Integrated Learning Methodology for Enriching CVP Analysis. Journal of Business and Accounting, 8(No.1), 127-137. Distribution Category: Articles on teaching innovations.
- Southern Properties: A Case for Managerial Accounting -.H.V. Young Inc. Publisher, First Edition, August 1998.
- Learning Methodology for International Accounting Education, Douglas Cloud Co-Author, Tenth Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Maui, Hawaii, October 1998.
- A Good Case for the User Perspective, Published in the Proceedings of the Midwest Accounting Society annual meeting in Chicago, March 1997.
- From Chalk to the Chip: Changing Methodologies, Presented at Academy of Business Administration National Conference in Cancun, Mexico, April 1997.
- Can Internal Marketing Affect the Real/Perceived Images of Accountants?: Lessons from a Re-Evaluation of International and American Students' Perceptions of an Accountant's Image, Global Business Trends Conference, Acapulco, Mexico, December 1997.
- Managerial Uses of Stock Dividends and Stock Splits, Presented at Annual Meeting of American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, February 1998.
- 1992-1997 Recognized as Harriet and Charles Luckman Distinguished Teaching Fellow
- 1978 Academic Research Fellow For American Accounting Association in Dillon Colorado
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (ICMA)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Research emphasis is in external reporting, investment use of accounting information, and accounting education.
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Accounting theory
- Accounting education