Professor of Mathematics
Natural Science Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Mathematics, University of Arizona, 1979
- MS, Mathematics, University of Arizona, 1976
- BA, Mathematics & Physics, Phillips University, 1974
- Shared Learning: CD-ROM Student Portfolio Project, a concurrent session presented at the 11th AAHE Conference on Assessment & Quality, Washington D.C., June 8-12, 1996.
- Digital Assessment on the World Wide Web, a presentation made at the NCTLA What Works II National Conference on Postsecondary Education in the 21st Century, Penn State University, June 21-23, 1996.
- "Evaluation of Neural Networks for Automatic Target Recognition," Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, Snowmass at Aspen, February 1, 1997 with K. Wojtek Przytula.
- "Analysis of Trained Neural Networks," Computational Intelligence and Applications, Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, Edited by Piotr S. Szczepaniak, Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1999, pp. 268-275.
- Space - The Ultimate Locus. ACTC. Notre Dame. April 2001.
- Universality and History: Foundations of Core. University Press of America. March 2002. with Darrel Colson and J. Scott Lee.
- Evaluation of Bayesian Networks Used for Diagnostics. IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, 2003. with K. Wotjek Przytula and Denver Dash. Presentation, Paper
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Visiting Scientist at the HRL Laboratory, Advanced Signal Processing and Neural Network Research Group
- Advisory Board, Association for Core Texts and Courses
- Bayesian network modeling
- Great Books from the primary classic works from antiquity to the post-modern era
- Rule extraction techniques for artificial neural networks and Bayesian network modeling
- Great Books Colloquia
- Mathematics (all levels)
- Computer Science (all levels)