Assistant Professor of Communication
Communication Division, Seaver College
- PhD Communication, University of California Santa Barbara, 2010
- MA Communication, Louisiana State University, 2002
- BA Communication, Biola University, 2000
- Choi, C. W., Khajavy, G. H., Raddawi, R., & Giles, H. (2018). Perceptions of police-civilian encounters: Intergroup and communication dimensions in the United Arab Emirates and the USA. Journal of International and Intercultural Communication.
- Choi, C. W. (2017). Legal issues in intergroup relations. In H. Giles & J. Harwood (Eds.). Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Communication. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Fatemi, A. H., Khajavy, G. H., & Choi, C. W. (2016). Testing a model of intercultural willingness to communicate based on ethnocentrism, ambiguity of tolerance and sensation seeking: The role of learning English in Iran. Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, 45, 304-318.
- Choi, C. W. & Berho, D. (2016). Ethnic Identity Maintenance within the Latino-American Church: A Structuration Perspective. Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, 45, 91-107.
- Khajavy, G. H., Ghonsooly, B., Hosseini Fatemi, A., & Choi C. W. (2016). Willingness to communicate in English: A microsystem model in the Iranian EFL classroom context, TESOL Quarterly, 50, 154-180.
- Choi, C. W., Honeycutt, J., & Bodie, G. D. (2015). Effects of Imagined Interactions and Rehearsal on Speaking Performance, Communication Education, 64, 25-44.
- Choi, C. W., Khajavy, G. H., Giles, H., & Hajek, C. (2013). Intergenerational communication and age boundaries in Mongolia and the United States. Communication Reports, 26, 73-87.
- Choi, C. W., Giles, H., & Hajek, C. (2012). Young adult's perceptions of intergenerational communication: Mongolian and American data. Anthropology & Aging Quarterly, 33, 74-86.
- Giles, H., Khajavy, G. H., & Choi, C. W. (2012). Intergenerational communication satisfaction and age boundaries: Comparative Middle Eastern data. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 27, 357-371.
- Honeycutt, J. M., Choi, C.W., & Deberry, R. (2009). Communication apprehension and imagined interactions. Communication Research Reports, 26, 228-236.
- Barker, V., Choi, C. W., Giles, H., & Hajek, C. (2008-2009). Reported compliance in police in Mongolia and the United States. Mongolian Journal of International Affairs, 15-16, 176-201.
National Communication Association
International Communication Association
Six Top Paper Awards at various national and regional conferences
Outstanding Dissertation Award, Communication and Aging Division, NCA, 2011
- Intercultural Communication
- Intergenerational Communication
- Intergroup Communication
- Police/civilian Interactions
- Culture and Identity
- Intercultural Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- International Communication and Negotiation
- Intercultural Communication: Case Studies
- Public Speaking and Rhetorical Analysis