Health, Wellness, and Resilience Learning Outcomes
Health, Wellness & and Resilience Mission Statement
The Health and Wellness Department seeks to promote wholeness and resilience at Pepperdine University by:
- Supporting the Counseling Center, Student Health Center, the Office of Title IX and RiSE with prevention education and health promotion.
- Leading the Step UP! Campaign, a bystander intervention training model that equips students to recognize and respond to community members in need.
- Researching, developing and maintaining health and wellness training, presentations and promotional materials, which are made available to all members of the Pepperdine community.
- Managing social media presence, engagement, and education across multiple platforms.
As physical and mental wellness directly impacts academic and spiritual growth, the objectives of Health and Wellness support the University's mission by equipping students to engage in healthy behaviors with purpose, serve as role models in self-care and bystander intervention, and lead with resilience.
Students who participate in Health and Wellness programs will:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of healthy behaviors and practices that create a safe community.
- Engage in cognitions and behaviors that will improve their own health and enable students to care for others.
- Demonstrate skills to assist others, from diverse backgrounds, who have safety or health-related concerns.
- Integrate a Christian faith and worldview into self-care practices and bystander intervention.