Student Employment Learning Outcomes
A student who visits the Counseling Center will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of mental health.
- Engage in cognitions and behaviors that will improve one's own mental health.
- Demonstrate skills to empathize with and assist others, from diverse backgrounds, who have mental health concerns.
- Integrate a Christian faith and worldview with psychological principles in understanding and maintaining mental health.
This department uses various strategies to assess outcomes. Examples include:
- Participants in Outreach and Prevention events complete post-tests to assess learning of current mental health and safety issues.
- Club convo events offer a pre-test survey, in addition to the post-test measure, to gauge changes in student learning through the convo series. Brief reflections also employed. Counselors rate clients' learning observed in session.