Daniel A. Rodriguez
- PhD, Intercultural Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA, 2000
- MA, Religion, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA, 1981
- BA, Religion, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA, 1978
Chapters in Edited Volumes (Since 2017)
“Let My People Go: Diaspora Mission in the North American Context.” In Missional Life in Practice and Theory: Essays in Honor of Gailyn Van Rheenen. Edited by Christopher L. Flanders and Greg McKinzie. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers (Forthcoming, fall 2023).
“Did Jesus Have a Green Card? Biblical Justice, the Mission of God and the Church’s Response to Undocumented Immigrants,” Τελειος/Teleios: A Journal to Promote Holistic Christian Spirituality, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Winter 2022): 33-47.
“Egypt: God’s Mission among Displaced People.” In God’s Mission in the Cities of the Bible. Edited by Jude Tiersma Watson. Skyforest, CA: Urban Loft Publishers (2021), pp. 115-135.
“From the Promised Land to Egypt: Immigration, Transnationalism and Mission among Hispanic Evangelical Churches in North America.” In Churches on Mission: God’s Grace Abounding to the Nations. Edited by Geoff Hartt. Evangelical Missiological Society Series, No. 25. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library (October 2017), pp. 211-231.
- A Future for the Latino Church: Models of Multilingual, Multigenerational Hispanic Congregations. InterVarsity Academic (June 2011). ISBN: 978-0-8308-3930-8. Now in its sixth printing.
- 2016, The Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, presented at the Pepperdine University Faculty Conference, Westlake Village, CA. (October 7, 2016)
- Member, American Academy of Religion (Since 1994)
- Member, American Society of Missiology (Since 2001)
- Member, Association of Professors of Mission (Since 2002)
- Member, Evangelical Theological Society (Since 2000)
- Member, Evangelical Missiological Society (Since 2000)
- Board of Directors, Hispanic National Association of Evangelicals (Since 2008)
Papers Read at Meetings of Academic Societies (Since 2018)
- “Improving our Cultural Intelligence for Effective Ministry among and by Hispanic and Latinx Gen Z,” delivered at the 17th Annual Lecture in Hispanic/Latino Theology and Missions at the Concordia Seminary Multiethnic Symposium 2023, St Louis, MO (May 2, 2023).
- “Gen Z and Cultural Intelligence,” the opening-night plenary address delivered at the Annual Teleios Society Conference, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, OK (February 23, 2023).
- “Let My People Go! Exodus-Shaped Diaspora Mission in the North American Context,” delivered at the Christian Scholars Conference, Nashville, TN (6/10/21).
- “Did Jesus Have a Green Card? Biblical Justice, the Mission of God and the Church’s Response to Undocumented Immigrants,” delivered at a virtual conference on the Bible & Justice,” delivered virtually at the Teleios Society Conference (March 5, 2021).
- “Diaspora Missions in an Anti-immigrant Context: A Hispanic Evangelical Perspective,” delivered at the Christian Scholars Conference, Nashville, TN (6/8/18).
- “Hispanic Evangelicalism in the United States: Critical and Theological Responses to Trump’s Vision for America and to White Evangelicals Who Embrace It,” delivered at the annual meeting of the American Academy of religion, Boston, MA (11/18/17).
Lectures at Professional Meetings (Since 2018)
- “Crossing the Stain Glass Border: Building Sustainable Relationships with Hispanic/Latino Teens and Their Families,” presented at the National Children’s and Youth Ministers’ Conference, Colorado Springs, CO (January 3, 2023).
- “La Iglesia y Su Futuro” (The Church and Her Future), delivered at the annual Church of Christ Hispanic Ministers conference, Oklahoma City, OK (August 12, 2022).
- “Somos Iglesia en Mision” (We Are the Church on Mission), delivered at the International Church of Christ World Discipleship Summit, Orlando, FL (August 4, 2022).
- “Challenges Facing Dominant-Group Churches in North American that Desire to Reach Their Latino Neighbors,” a three-part series delivered at the Harding University Bible Lectures, Searcy, AR (10/1/19).
- “Reaching New Generations,” delivered at the Annual Hispanic Pastors’ Summit of the Western Region of the American Baptist Church, Oxnard, CA (5/17/19).
- “The Circumstances and Challenges Facing the Hispanic Evangelical Church in 2019,” delivered at the annual Hispanic Ministry Conference, BIOLA University (3/16/19).
- “Hispanic Ministry Where Language is no Barrier,” delivered at Hispanic Ministry Summit hosted at the South Walker Church of Christ, Oklahoma City, OK (3/6/19).
- "Removing the Wall between Your Church and its Latino Neighbors,” delivered at the 2019 Urban Ministry Conference, Houston, TX (2/8/19).
- “Multi-generational Hispanic Ministry,” delivered at the Annual Hispanic Pastors’ Conference of the Southwest Region of the Church of God, Palms Springs (10/19/18).
- “Trends in Hispanic Ministry,” delivered at the Hispanic General Baptist Convention of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK (10/12/18).
- “Un momento de transición en la SPDYM” (A Moment of Transition in the SPDYM), delivered at the annual meeting of youth ministers of the Southern Pacific Division of the Assemblies of God, Palm Springs, CA (7/7/18).
- “Un momento de transición en la Iglesia Bautista Hispana en Texas” (A Moment of Transition in the Hispanic Baptist Church in Texas), delivered at the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention, Dallas, TX (5/15/18).
- Contextualization and Contextual Theology
- Hispanic Culture and Ministry in the United Sates
- Latino/a Theology and Religion in the United States
- Multi-ethnic Ministry and Cross-Cultural Missions
- Urban Mission and Ministry in the United States
- REL 301: Christianity and Culture: Christian Responses to Racism and Racial Injustice
- REL 340: The Nature and Purpose of the Church
- REL 542: Communicating the Gospel in Domestic and Global Contexts
- REL 544: Multi-ethnic Ministry and Cross-Cultural Missions
- REL 640: Mobilizing the Church as a Missional Community