Meet the Faculty
Regan Harwell Schaffer
Professor of Organizational Behavior and Management
Advisor, Nonprofit Management Minor
Director, Nonprofit Leadership Collaborative
- Ed.D., Pepperdine University, 2002
- M.A., Pepperdine University, 1993
- B.S., Abilene Christian University, 1990
- Service Leadership Project
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Community-Based Research in the Nonprofit Sector
- First Year Seminar
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, 2005-2006
- Advisory Board Member, Center for Nonprofit Leadership at Ventura County Community Foundation
- Academy of Management
- Association for Research of Nonprofits and Voluntary Action
- Let's Start Talking International, Board Member
- Helen Pepperdine Award for Service
- Community Engagement
- Curriculum Design and Assessment
- Nonprofit Management
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Schaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S, C., R, W. (2017). Aperions: Bringing Hope to People with Disabilities in Latvia. Leadership Cases in Nongovernmental Organizations (vol.1). Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C., R, W. (2014) Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations (vol. 2). Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C. (2014). The great recession and the nonprofit sector. International Leisure Review, 3 (1), 104-125.
- Gassman, J., Kinnell, A., Krick, S., Shaffer, R.H., Strom, S., S,C., R, W. (2013). Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations. Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Schaffer, R.H. (2012). A model of effective service-learning design and implementation in private higher education. Illinois: Common Ground Publishing.
- "Nonprofit and University Strategic Partnerships to Strengthen the Sector." Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 23(1), 105-117, 2012
- "Did entrepreneurship contribute to nonprofits surviving the great recession?" International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 2(6), 20-31, 2012. (co-author)
- "Unbounded Rationality: Are Diverse Boards Better Equipped to Learn?" presentation at the Association of Research in the Nonprofit and Voluntary Associations, 2011. (co-presenter)
- "Utilizing vocational discernment in a leadership development course." Christian Business Faculty Review, 1, 19-26, 2006
- "Bringing our mission to life: Service-learning as a tool for integration of faith and learning." Christian Higher Education: A Journal of Applied Research and Practice, 3(2), 127-145, 2004
- "A model for effective design and implementation of service-learning in higher education." International Journal of Learning, 10, 1771-1781, 2003
- "Leadership Cases in Community Nonprofit Organizations." Dubuque: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2014. (co-author)