Handshake is the online career management system for Seaver College and provides access to hundreds of employment opportunities from around the nation to Seaver College students and alumni.
Handshake is Your One-Stop Shop for Career
- On- and Off-Campus Jobs, Internships & Full-Time Jobs
- Booking Appointments
- Career Event and Program Registration
- Employer Connections
- Career and Life Planning Checklists and Resources (coming soon)
Where to Start!
- Login to Handshake in one of two ways:
- Verify your pre-populated profile information (you can update details later)
- Be sure to update your WORK AUTHORIZATION STATUS
- We encourage you to make your profile viewable to employers
Build a Stellar Profile
- Upload an approved resume in Word Doc or PDF form
- Not approved? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once uploaded, select "Build Profile from Resume" to populate your profile
Get More Relevant Content
- Under "Account" set up your 'Notification Preferences' and 'Job Interests'
- 'Notification Preferences' determine when/how you'll receive messages
- 'Job Interests' will improve your search results when looking for jobs
- FOLLOW companies, jobs, or events to populate your homepage feed
- Search and apply for part-time positions, internships, or full-time jobs that are best for you!
- Login: Visit Handshake and login with your email and select 'reset password' - if invalid, register for a new account
- Set Up Your Profile & Upload a Resume: Upload a resume to add additional content to your profile, set your job and location preferences too
- Search and Apply for Jobs: See job updates in your newsfeed, follow companies, or conduct a system search to find jobs you like
- Event registration: Register for upcoming events such as career fairs, workshops, networking events and mock interviews