J. Philippe “Phil” Thompson is visiting instructor of humanities in the Humanities and Teacher Education division. Before arriving at Seaver College, Thompson taught at the Graziadio Business School, California Lutheran University, AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts in Hollywood, and Florida Gulf Coast University. As a minority-majority city, Miami, where Thompson was born, is a melting pot of cultures where the tri-cultural dominancy of the “Capital City” of Latin America provided him with unique experiences growing up in South Florida. His research interests include modernism, digital humanities, world literature, Chicanx and Latinx literature, art history/visual culture, and science fiction.
- PhD English, Claremont Graduate University (Candidate)
- Writing Certificate, University of California-Los Angeles
- MFA Writing for Screen and Television, Pepperdine University
- MA English, Florida Gulf Coast University
- BA English (Spanish Minor), Brigham Young University
- “Art is All: Proust’s Life Lessons Through Perception and Art.” Art Style | Art & Culture International Magazine, September 2022.
- World Literature
- Contemporary American Literature
- HUM 111
- HUM 212
- HUM 313