Kindalee "Kindy" Pfremmer De Long
Professor of Religion
Interim Associate Dean of Seaver College
Religion and Philosophy Division, Seaver College
- Ph.D. Theology, University of Notre Dame, 2007
- Master of Divinity, Pepperdine University, 1994
- B.A. English, Pepperdine University, 1987
- Surprised by God: Praise Responses in the Narrative of Luke-Acts. Beihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Neutestamentliche Wissenschaft und die Kunde der alteren Kirche 166. New York: Walter de Gruyter, 2009.
- "Angels and Visions in Luke-Acts." Pages 79-107 in The Jewish Apocalyptic Tradition and the Shaping of New Testament Thought. Edited by Loren T. Stuckenbruck and Benjamin E. Reynolds. Minneapolis, Minn.: Fortress Press, 2017.
- "Luke-Acts." In T&T Clark Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism. Eds. Loren T. Stuckenbruck and Daniel M. Gurtner. New York: T&T Clark, in press.
- "Tobit." In The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Old Testament Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha. Edited by Randall Chesnutt. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, in press.
- "Daniel and the Narrative Integrity of His Prayer in Chapter 9." Pages 219-249 in Vol. 1 of A Teacher for All Generations: Essays in Honor of James C. VanderKam. Edited by Eric Farrel Mason et al. Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism 153. 2 vols. Boston: Brill, 2012.
- "'Ask a Woman': Childbearing and Ezra's Transformation in 4 Ezra." Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha 22 (2012): 114-145.
- "Responding to the God of Joy." Pages 81-88 in Finding Their Voices: Sermons by Women in the Church of Christ. Edited by D'Esta Love. Abilene, TX.: Abilene Christian University Press, 2015.
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature
- Member, Enoch Seminar
- Secretary-Treasurer, Seaver Faculty Association, 2015-2017
- Seaver Fellow in Religion, 2011-2012
- Keynote Sermon- "The Holy Spirit in Luke 4." Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures. Malibu, CA. May 4, 2018.
- Paper- "Repentance and Turning in the Gospel of Luke." 2017 Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Boston, MA. November 19, 2017.
- Panelist- "Conversations on the Gospel of Luke." Stone-Campbell Journal Reception at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Boston, MA. November 17, 2017.
- Lecture- "The Holy Spirit in the Book of Acts." The Spirit-Filled People of God, a seminar for Southern California preachers. Pepperdine University. Malibu, CA. October 9, 2017.
- Keynote Lecture- "Surprised by God." The William M. Green Distinguished Christian Scholar Lecture Program. Pepperdine University. Malibu, CA. August 30, 2017.
- Presentation- "Paul's Vision in Acts 16:6-10." Colloquium on Material Culture and Ancient Religion. Selcuk, Turkey. July 15, 2014.
- Paper- "Satan Falling: Apocalyptic Elements in Luke 10:17-23." The 34th Annual Christian Scholars' Conference. Nashville, TN. June 6, 2014.
- Paper- "'Ask a Woman': The Literary Motif of Childbearing in 4 Ezra." The 6th Enoch Seminar: Second Baruch and Fourth Ezra: Jewish Apocalypticism in Late First Century Israel. Gazzada, Italy. June 27, 2011.
- Paper- "Let All the Peoples Praise Him: Praise of God in Romans 15:7-13." The 30th Annual Christian Scholars' Conference. Nashville, TN. June 4, 2010.
- Ancient religious narrative (esp. Luke-Acts)
- New Testament and Christian Origins
- Praise of the divine in antiquity
- Second Temple Judaism
- Women in antiquity and the early church
- REL 102: New Testament in Context
- REL 312/612: Women in the Early Church
- REL 497: Senior Seminar "Identity in Christ"
- REL 515: Book of Acts
- REL 516: Pauline Writings I